When we buy an automobile, maintenance isn’t something we look forward to. Usually, we keep thoughts of servicing our cars at bay until concerns arise. Volvos are a reputable brand that offers considerable performance, and they need proper routine maintenance, too. One issue you might face could be with the front struts. When you need your front struts repaired and replaced, you want a dependable automotive expert, and that’s what you’ll find at Cerrone’s European. Let’s take a closer look at front struts.
What are front struts?
Front struts are components in your Volvo’s suspension system that aid in shock absorption. They cushion against bumps and dips in the road. The front struts are linked explicitly to the inner suspension system of the front wheels. They are crucial for the suspension of the automobile.
Damage to these parts can ultimately lead to damage to other areas of your Volvo. For example, if the front struts aren’t working correctly, they may cause wear and tear damage on your tires, engine, or even transmission.
How do you know they’re failing?
To maintain the health of your Volvo, it’s crucial to be aware of any early signs of front strut failure. Since ongoing failure can result in damaging other parts of your vehicle, you want to be vigilant and get this repaired as soon as you notice anything. The following are some symptoms that may point to front strut failure:
- Issues with Alignment: When driving on a flat road, it would be unexpected to start drifting to one side. This may be due to front strut failure causing alignment issues in your vehicle. Because front struts are connected to the front wheels, you might notice how your wheels are aligned if there are problems with the front struts. This is apparent when driving on a flat surface. If your car starts drifting off towards the left or right even though the steering wheel remains straight ahead, it’s time for an inspection.
- Unusual Tire Wear: Similar to the alignment issue, because the front struts are failing and causing the wheels to be misaligned, their tire treads can show unusual patterns. Uneven tire wear & tear should be checked by your trusted Volvo specialist. This can be an indicator of front strut failure.
- Inconsistent and Rough Ride: Your luxury vehicle should be providing a smooth driving experience. Faulty front struts can result in a rough drive that’s unlike what a Volvo usually offers. If you notice a change in comfort or that driving over rough roads doesn’t feel as smooth as it used to, then it’s time to check in with a dependable expert.
- Strange Sounds and Vibrations: In line with the comfortable driving experience, going over bumps shouldn’t result in strange sounds or vibrations. A loose front strut or one that has been damaged can be the reason for such sounds. This is another indicator that the front struts may need to be repaired or replaced.
Reach Out to a Dependable Expert
Luckily, front struts repair is common, but you want an expertly-trained technician to handle your luxury car. Volvos need unique, specialized care. You need a dependable expert who knows what they’re doing and can do it right.
A Volvo professional will have years of experience working with, diagnosing, repairing, and replacing Volvo parts. They have the hands and the know-how to handle this car the way it deserves. Save yourself the stress of getting unnecessary repair work and replacement parts. You need a reputable expert in Redwood City, CA, who can keep your Volvo performing at its best. Go to someone you trust and can rely on!
Cerrone’s European are Volvo Experts
At Cerrone’s European, we offer highly-trained mechanics to care for your beloved European automobile. Our Volvo specialists will work with you for your peace of mind. We provide our clients with accurate diagnoses & solutions, so you don’t have to waste time or money.
At Cerrone’s European, we make sure our equipment is state-of-the-art, so we can get your Volvo fixed sooner and back to you faster. We service clients all over Redwood City, CA, with our top-rated technicians & amenities. Keep your Volvo in optimate condition. Call us today!
* Volvo XC40 image credit goes to: y_carfan.